Sunday, January 16, 2011

A new view

Week 2 (Preparing for a Triathalon in April)

So I decided to skim back over my last entry and the first thing I thought was "wow Karen, that was reaaaallllllllly inspiring... (sarcasm). Eh, well what can I say, the first week is always the hardest, especially when you're trying to accomplish big goals. However I am so glad I got through it and now things are much better.

I started biking this week. I hadn't been on a bike in over 4 years and I didn't expect the experience that followed. It was a whole different kind of feeling that sits right in your thighs and pretty much no-where else. I won't lie, it hurt, but I'm getting used to it and I'm already biking 4 miles each time I go.

I've come up with a solution for not having a swimming pool nearby. Biking and running builds my lower body strength and my endurance so I just need to build my upper body strength to be prepared for the 500 meter swim. I'm planning on starting arm aerobics and upper body conditioning this week with Jillian Michaels home videos. Wish me luck!

1 comment: